Fáilte go leathanach Rang 3
You can help your child to learn at home by:
- encouraging your child to read a range of material in both languages, visiting the local library weekly and asking your child questions about his/her reading. Although your child is older he/she will still enjoy sharing books with you. You could take turns in reading aloud pages from a novel and thus sustain reading over a period of time.
- Showing you value writing by creating many reasons for writing in the home.
- helping your child to use the computer at home or in the local library to write emails or other kinds of personal writing.
- giving your child shopping receipts and bills with the totals removed and asking him/her to estimate and then calculate the total cost.
- encourage him/her to use a calculator.
- encouraging your child to collect, analyse and present data in natural ways.
- asking questions which encourage your child to use mental mathematical strategies learned in school.
Here are some links we hope you will find helpful: